1. BAND YOGURT NIGHT – Wednesday, August 31 from 5 pm – 8 pm. TCBY on North Tarrant. Say that you are with the HMS band and receive a 25% discount PLUS the band will receive 20% donation. Be sure to invite the whole family and ALL of your friends!
2. Practice Report – Due Tuesday for HMS; Due the first class of the week for PHIS -- Please make sure that you get this signed and turned in. We accept the weekly report Monday-Wednesday! PARENTS: Follow this link for helpful tips on how YOU can help your child become a better musician - http://practicingguide.weebly.com/
3. PRIVATE LESSONS – Our private lessons staff are currently filling up their available time! Sign up NOW at www.parkwoodhillwood.band to receive a more convenient lesson time! This is a great way to get some ONE ON ONE time with a PROFESSIONAL who plays that instrument and GET AHEAD ON REGION MUSIC AND SOLOS. Visit the PRIVATE LESSONS sections under the PARENTS tab.
4. SECTIONALS BEGIN THIS WEEK FOR WIND ENSEMBLE AND SYMPHONIC BAND - Morning sectionals – students should be at the front door NO LATER than 7:05 am. Afternoon sectionals will conclude at 4:50. Sectionals are a required part of our curriculum. Absences will result in a failing grade in the grade book and students cannot reschedule. For those of you in athletics, you will be excused from ONE PRACTICE A WEEK to attend your sectional. Please look at attachment for our band calendar and the sectional schedule.
5. CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE – parkwoodhillwood.band. You will be able to find information about our band, see our calendar, fill out forms, and sign up for lessons.
6. JAZZ BAND— Jazz band is about to get underway, so sign up for an audition time!! Wind players may sign up for times on Monday – Wednesday; Rhythm section may sign up on Thursday or Friday (drums, percussion, guitar, bass guitar, piano). There will be two group traditional jazz ensembles and possibly a jazz collective (open to anyone). Auditions will be this coming week with Mr. Woodrow. Be prepared with scales; there will also be a small sight reading excerpt.
7. FORMS – ALL student forms are due by NEXT FRIDAY. Students MUST have forms completed to participate in some of our activities throughout the year. Visit the FORMS page under the PARENTS tab at www.parkwoodhillwood.band to fill these out.
8. PLEASE COME TO CLASS WITH ALL REQUIRED MATERIALS NEXT WEEK!